Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mi familia,
The weather has changed! I am so thankful to have the sun back as a part of my life. Along with the sun comes a bright new attitude. Along with this bright new attitude comes a bright new outlook and a craving for healthier foods. Jaime, I bet that with summer coming you will find those last ten pounds melting away. I am so excited to be able to go outside and not feel like my hands are going to freeze off or I am going to fall on my face.
Caleb, I have thought about those ideas before and I totally agree that I want everyone around me to live until I am long gone, but I don't necessarily see the allure of living forever. I do want to have a high quality of life while I am alive though, I want to be able to swim in the ocean, to go for a run, to take a hike, to play with Evey (and all my future nieces and nephews), to do my own housework, to breathe the air and fully appreciate what the world has to offer. I think that in order to fully appreciate life you have to be able to do the things you enjoy. I enjoy watching a movie every now and again, but the thought of that being my daily routine makes me sick. Also, there is something so beautiful about knowing that you are using your muscles and feeding your body what it craves (fruit, chicken, sausage (Heather remembers), a cookie, etc) when it craves it. I guess ultimately for me being healthy is being in tune with my body, listening to it, respecting it, nurturing it, and most importantly loving it. I am intrigued by the mediterranean diet and what you were saying reminded me of that. If you guys move here I will get a cookbook and cooks delicious meals for you. If you don't move here, I will cook them for myself, it would be lonely.
I love you guys. Have a great day!
P.S. Missoula has made me new age. I am moving into a hippie commune with only organic foods after finals week. Cage free eggs all the way.
I would let you try my meals during visits, not all would be lost.

No comments: