Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The power of tea

Hey everyone,

I enjoyed reading all of your responses to the question about life extension. I agree with all of your thoughts, and think that quality of life is always the important thing to keep in focus.

I wanted to share an interesting thing I came across in the book that is of particular relevance to us Webster's. It says that the American Heart Association reported a study that found that, "drinking at least two cups of tea a day reduced the risk of dying from a heart attack by a remarkable 44 percent." Apparently this applies to black and green teas, but not to herbal ones. And, sorry Ben Web, but not to sweetened teas or Arnold Palmers. Anyway, I don't like tea, but think this is a good reason to try to develop a taste for it.

Hannah, not sure what to give you as a good recipe. Jaime and I will try to think of one that you might like.

No comments: