Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Why do they call it a hamstring?

Heather. You have become my motivation. I have been going for early morning runs this week (cue to shock from all family members, especially Ben Sather). I love it. I can see why you do it, the world is peaceful, there are deer everywhere, so close in fact I nearly ran into one Monday morning, hardly any cars, and even better you feel so accomplished by 8 a.m. It is crazy. The running has led me to a lot of time for thinking about the world and two things have been really bugging me. 1. Why in the world is it called a hamstring, it's creepy, I don't like a part of my body sharing a name with the product of pig. And 2. Women's suffrage in 1919 wasn't really for all women, I would be pissed if I were an African American women and taught that womens suffrage happened in 1919. Hell, I'm not even an African American women and I am pissed. So there you go, fuel for your workouts.
Love to you all.
Also, please start updating, I get tired of reading my own blogs. Caleb, I want to hear about your running and classes. Are you going to become a step aerobics junkie? Jaime, are you nearly the new Shakira? Heather, updates, have you taken to wearing ankle weights and t-shirts that say "World's Best Mom?"... Mom, the walks, are they long and romantic? Do you imagine you are on a beach walking towards the sunset where a nice table shall be set for you with fine wine and brie? Ben, what is track like? Are you dominating?

No comments: